18 February 2014

Never Enough Time

What little time I get with my daughter never seems like enough...when I have her, time always seems to fly by. It always breaks my heart to have to bring her back to my ex...I just want her to stay with me, just one more day, one more moment, one more memory. It's never enough. I love her to death. Life is SO unfair. I did everything over the almost two years of waiting to have everything finalized to show that I am more fit than my ex...yet the asshole ended up with custody. At first my ex tried using the fact that I'm transgender and going through the steps of having my gender changed, thankfully the judge did not accept that as a valid reason for me being considered "unfit"...then he pull the "mentally unstable" card and the judge believed his bullshit. I should have never had my therapist write a letter at all, that way my ex had no proof of me being in counseling, on medication or my diagnosis. I need my daughter...I need more time with her. She needs me in her life as well...she needs to live with me and not in the ghetto that she is currently living in. The apartment complex that she is living in is a dump - I (thanks to my brother's help) dropped her off at my ex's apartment and we (my brother and I) had to hold our breath when we walked by the laundry room area going back to the car...it stunk that bad. OMG...if the laundry room, where everyone in the complex does their laundry stinks that bad - what does that say about the apartments? Yiesh! At least with me, she would be in a safe environment where she can safely go out and play and not have to worry about anything.

It's never enough time with her...just one more day, one more moment, one more memory - is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment