09 January 2012

More Random Rambling...

Thing lately have been...weird. Especially the past two or three days. I've been trying to keep my mind off of my past memories so that I can work through the emotional roller-coaster that I'm going through...I've been sleeping okay, restless...but okay. The weird thing about it, I know that I'm having dreams...but I'm not remembering as much as I "normally" do. I'm kinda' glad...it's been making my days a bit easier to "make it" through. It's made it so that things that I would normally (mentally) have to put on the "back burner" I'm able to work through and focus on my school stuff without much worry. I was able to sit and focus today at the Express on my reading that I was working on for my Psych class and "tone out the rest of the world" without hardly any trouble.

One thing today that kinda' made me smile today...I was leaving the building that my math class is in, and this one guy was going into the building at the same time; I looked up at him only to notice the beanie hat he had on, it was black with a rainbow colored peace sign on it, it made me smile :) It was awesome!!!

I got the subject for my first paper that's due in 11 days for my English class, I have to write a paper describing an outdoor scene I know well. I have to describe it at a particular time of day, how I feel about that place, and why it's such a strong/important memory. The only hard part about this will be keeping it to a page/page and a half, double spaced, and 10-12 point font...other than that, this is going to be an easy paper....I already know what I'm going to write this paper about. I'll probably have someone read over it before I hand it in, but this is definitely one paper I'm not too terribly concerned about. I really do hope the teacher picks something a bit more challenging for the next paper. Seriously?

Other then that, RJ and Bug met up with me at the Express around 1400 and we walked to Wal-Mart and got some grocery shopping done...though we didn't get everything on our list, which means I'll have to make a second trip there sometime during the week...we got most of our shopping done and are able to build meal menus for the next few weeks...I enjoyed the walk, it was some really good relaxing (going there) walk with the family. Even though we took a few wrong turns going there...it was fun. We all enjoyed the exercise. I've been enjoying my walks lately, I try to go on a walk at least once a day (not counting me walking to and from my classes) every day (when I'm able to).

I've been slightly procrastinating finishing filling out this form for me to go to the counseling center here on campus. Not completely sure why...just something I'm hesitant on getting done...I know I need someone to talk to...I dunno???


"God loves me for who and what I am, and I'm important to Him."
"I love me for who and what I am regardless of what others say."

No comments:

Post a Comment